To be eligible for the AIGA DL Certification, an applicant must have at least seven years of professional experience in design and are currently in–or have a desire to enter–management and leadership positions.
As an AIGA Certified Design Leader, you will:
- Differentiate yourself in a competitive marketplace for job opportunities and clients
- Receive the AIGA Certified Design Leader distinction and badge
- Help create accountability and professional standards for design
- Commit to your craft and professional practice
To earn the AIGA Design Leader Certification, there are three steps:
Knowledge/learning assessment via AIGA Professional Design Foundations Certificate which includes both a learning and assessment component to test design knowledge in four core areas:
- Standards of Professional Practice
- Business for Designers
- Law for Designers
- Design Foundations
Professional practice assessment via AIGA Professional Portfolio Assessment, which is conducted in-person twice annually.
Eligibility criteria: At least seven years of professional experience in design
An ongoing commitment to learning and to AIGA standards of professional practice and code of conduct demonstrated in professional development.
Commit to your practice
Apply for the AIGA Design Leader Certification today!